- Ensure the best possible connection and cooperation of the Department with industry in Greece and abroad and
- Achieve the goal of developing high-level qualified engineers that meet the requirements of the labor market.
The Industrial Advisory Board will provide the ECE Department with information, advice and guidance on educational, professional and research topics, supplementing the information the Department receives from other academic institutions and sources. The Board examines and evaluates the changing needs of the labor market in the field of Electrical and Computer Engineering, proposes action plans to the Department in order for it to face new technological and financial challenges and generally supports the achievement of the academic goals of the Department.
The indicative responsibilities of the Industrial Advisory Board of the ECE Department are described below:
- To provide advice from the perspective of industry and government bodies, concerning all the aspects of the operation of the Department, including the policy and strategy followed by the Department to achieve its mission.
- The identification of the changing needs of the labor market of Electrical and Computer Engineering and the determination of the way in which the Department can meet these new needs.
- To provide recommendations concerning the knowledge and skills that the Department must provide in its undergraduate and postgraduate programs and in achieving excellence.
- To provide documentation of new trends in research and the labor market and assistance in the academic planning of the Department by providing data and advice.
- To provide advice and recommendations to deepen the connection of the Department with industry and the promotion of its graduates in the labor market.
- To improve the reputation of the Department in the Greek and international academic and professional environment.
- To promote cooperation opportunities of the Department with industry at the level of research and transfer of know-how.
- To connect the Department with external networks in industry and public bodies, in order to attract scholarships, internships, postgraduate study opportunities and business collaborations.
The members of the Industrial Advisory Board of the ECE Department, with the sub no. 1151/26-05-2023 decision of the General Assembly of the Department, are from institutions of recognized prestige, with direct connection and long experience in the fields treated by the Department of ECE, such as the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering of the RUTGERS School of Engineering, the University of Patras, the National Technical University of Athens, the Technical Chamber of Greece, the Association of Technological Enterprises of Western Greece, the Association of Information & Communication Enterprises of Greece. More specifically, these members are (in alphabetical order):
- Stavros Koubias, Professor Emeritus
Electrical & Computer Technology Department
University of Patras
- Stelios Koutroubinas, Electrical & Computer Engineer
Meason SA, Technical Chamber of Greece
- Vasilios Maglaris, Professor Emeritus
School of Electrical and Computer Engineering
National Technical University of Athens
- Dimitrios Dalaperas, Electrical & Computer Engineer
Atelco, Technical Chamber of Greece
- Ioannis Papanikos, Electrical & Computer Engineer
Renesas Electronics Corporation
Association of Technological Enterprises of Western Greece
- Athina Petropulu, Distinguished Professor
Electrical & Computer Engineering Department
RUTGERS School of Engineering
- Vasilios Christidis, Electrical & Computer Engineer
Knowledge Broadband Services SA
Association of Information Technology & Communications Enterprises of Greece