The following research laboratories operate in the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering:
2. Interdisciplinary Semantic Interconnected Symbiotic Education Environments Lab (ΙnterSy Lab)
3. Network Technologies and Digital Transformation Lab (NeTDiT Lab)
4. eBusiness and User Experience Lab (eBusiness Lab)
5. Electronic Circuits, Systems and Applications Lab (ECSA Lab)
6. Distributed Intelligent Systems and Data Lab (DISyD Lab)
7. Microelectronics & Communication Lab (MicroCom Lab)
8. Power Systems Lab (PES Lab)
9. Embedded System Design and Applications Lab (ESDA Lab)
See a brief presentation of all the research laboratories [ pdf | pptx ]
The objective of each research laboratory is the application of modern methods and practices in accordance with international advancements in the respective disciplines, so as to increase the relative research activity aiming to use leverage it for the benefit of undergraduate and graduate students of the department and society in general as well as the training of graduates of various specialties.
According to their founding act and their approved regulations, the mission of the research laboratories is:
- The coverage at undergraduate and postgraduate level of teaching and research needs of the Department and other Departments of the University of Peloponnese in areas that fall within the research objectives of each laboratory.
- The development and conduct of basic and applied research and the support of doctoral and postdoctoral research on issues related to the teaching and research objectives of each laboratory.
- The promotion of didactic and research collaborations between professors and researchers with related or complementary scientific fields of specialization within the University of Peloponnese.
- The multifaceted cooperation with national and international Research Centers and Academic Institutions, when the objectives coincide and complement each other with those of each laboratory in a spirit of reciprocity and collective work.
- Cooperation with bodies and organizations of the wider public sector, with local government organizations, with scientific social and professional bodies, with international organizations or organizations as well as with productive bodies of the private sector in the relevant scientific fields, in order to contribute to the joint exploration of solutions and proposals for tackling modern problems.
- Providing inputs and contributions as experts on issues related to the cognitive objects of each laboratory, in accordance with current legislation.
- The provision of services to individuals and organizations in accordance with the provisions of national law (Presidential Decree 159/1984 (A ’53) “Conditions for the provision of services by university laboratories to individuals and all legal organizations”).
- Attracting research funded by national and international resources in scientific fields of activity of each laboratory or individual fields of specialization of its members.
- The organization of scientific lectures, workshops, seminars, symposia, conferences and other scientific events, the realization of publications and publications and the invitation of Greek and foreign recognized scientists.
- The provision of Lifelong Learning services either live or remotely independently or in collaboration with other laboratories or agencies around the subject of each Laboratory.
- Taking any other appropriate initiative to achieve its goals, always respecting the rules of academic and research ethics.