Dimitris Sotiropoulos is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Peloponnese, with the subject “Engineering Mathematics”. He holds a B.Sc. degree in Mathematics (1995) with specialization in “Computer and Computational Mathematics” and a Ph.D. degree (2005) in the area of Mathematical Programming and Numerical Analysis. In total he has more than 20 years of teaching experience in Higher Education and has participated in various national and international scientific conferences. He is author or co-author of 36 articles in international journals and proceedings of international conferences and has received more than 400 references from other researchers. He has been a lecturer of PD. 407/80 at the Department of Computer Science of the Ionian University, at the Department of Computer Science and Technology of the University of Peloponnese and he is a member of the Hellenic Open University since 2009 in the postgraduate program “Postgraduate Studies in Mathematics” in the subject area “MSM61/80-Computational Methods and Software in Mathematics”, where he has supervised more than 20 Master Theses on topics of his research interest.
- Computational Mathematics - Numerical Analysis
- Algorithms with automatic verification of results (Interval Analysis)
- Total optimization algorithms
- Optimisation of large-scale problems
- Numerical solution of systems of non-linear equations
- Training of Artificial Neural Networks
- Machine Learning and Data Mining